After 3 days of extreme illness, dawned the morning of Taylor's 10th birthday. She was still a little 'iffy' but insisted on going to school. The day before her birthday, I'd taken her to get her hair cut as part of her birthday presents. She had 7 inches cut off and is now sporting a darling new a-line bob. So cute.... After school and visits from family, Taylor had picked Bajio for her birthday dinner. We rounded up the family and headed up to enjoy some yummy food...yeah for the Ensalada Salad! So, in honor of her 10 years, here are the 10 reasons Taylor is #1 to us!
1) Taylor is the best hostess I know...she has been that way since she was itty bitty. She loves having groups of people over and serving them food on a platter! :) Taylor is happiest in groups and loves being social.
2) Taylor is so generous. She would give away everything she owns if she thought someone wanted it and it would make them happy. 'Stuff' doesn't matter to Taylor. She doesn't get caught up in pretenses and is pretty genuine.
3) Taylor is a performer and loves the spotlight. Can anyone say drama queen??
4) Taylor is a nurturer. She loves to mother anyone younger than her; her younger cousins generally are on the receiving end of it. Tay is going to be such a wonderful mom. Her future kids are so lucky. She is also such a decorator. She is always decorating and re-decorating her bedroom and has been known to go around the house changing my decorations! She loves anything pretty and sparkly.
5) Taylor is so smart. We often joke about her being blond and air-headed, but she really is an extremely smart girl. Things come quite easily to her and is quite competitive. She thrives when there is going to be a 'top reader' or 'best at math' in her class at school.
6) Taylor is a dare devil. She'll try anything once, and enjoys challenges. And although sports (except tennis) aren't her bag, she loves being active. Riding bikes, roller blading, running....anything to stay active.
7) Taylor loves her family. As important as friends are to her, she always puts her family first. Besides her immediate family, Taylor loves, loves, loves her cousins and grandparents. She gets to share her birthday with her cousin Payden, and thinks this is the great honor in the world!
8) Taylor has such a strong testimony. Taylor has such complete faith. She knows that she is a daughter of God. I am often amazed at her faith and understanding.
9) Taylor loves her brothers and is their biggest fan. Taylor goes to every sporting event or performance of her brothers and cheers them on. She doesn't complain much, unless it's an early morning football game that forces her out of bed before she wants to on a Saturday morning. Another side note about Taylor-she'd sleep til early afternoon if we let her. The girl loves her sleep!
10) Taylor makes our family complete. She is my one princess and makes me so proud and happy. Taylor is amazing and I can't wait to see what she is going to become. I'm so grateful that I got to experience this life with her.
So Happy Birthday Tay Tay! Thanks for helping me 'feminize' this house of boys and sports! We love you beyond words and thank you for being you!!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Happy 10th Birthday Taylor
Posted by keysha at 8:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I remember the first time I held Taylor, I remember thinking "Wow, this is my very first niece, and she couldn't be more beautiful!" She has always been an example to her younger cousins, and I thank her for her love and care with my own kids. She is a fabulous cousin and friend to them!
I love you Taylor, very, very much. I am honored to be your aunt and I hope you know that we all are grateful your a part of our big family!
Happy Birthday, Taylor. We love ya and miss ya. Good choice for dinner, too!
I loved your ten things about Tay! She is such a wonderful girl and I know my daughter loves her to bits! (so does Ethan . . . he adored playing with her during our last visit).
Post a Comment