I read something today that made me feel somehow compelled to document some of my thoughts on a subject I've thought a lot on lately; being critical. How often in life does our greatest heartache or greatest challenges come through being the subject of someone else's decision to be critical or because we were critical of someone else? I've noticed in my own life and as I watch my children go through their experiences, we often combat critical people, by being, well, more critical. The article I read today was calling people out on being judgmental and prejudiced, by being judgmental and prejudice...just on the other side of the issue. The way to combat criticism isn't more criticism, it's love. Speaking out and going out on your own rampage isn't anything more than being critical of people who don't feel the same as you. Try living differently, showing love, being patient. I believe people who have truly made a difference in the world did so because they went about doing what they felt was right; not campaigning against another. I guess the greatest challenge here, is learning to implement this in my own heart. Not giving in and feeding the beast of criticism and judgment; even when it feels justified.
Friday, February 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Thanks for this my friend!
Amen.
Post a Comment