Yesterday after Ian got home from school we were sitting in the family room cuddled up on the heat vent because we were both freezing. As we sat there warming up, we were discussing all the many random ideas that popped into Ian's head. Now, any of you who know Ian very well know that this can be an adventure! There was a small break in the conversation and suddenly Ian says to me, "I think I'm a man now." I slowly turned and looked at him, bracing myself for whatever his explanation for this was going to be. With Noah around, who knows what story he's heard or what other 7th grader reasoning he'd become privy to. I hesitantly asked, "How come you think that?" He was examining his arms and said, "Because I've got tons of hair on my arms...all men have that." Ahhhh, so that's it. I slowly covered my arms, I've never been a very hairy person, but all of a sudden I was very worried that what hair was on my arms was going to mean I was well on my way to becoming a man myself. Maybe I'll have to start waxing just to be safe.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Becoming a Man
Posted by keysha at 7:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Ian, you ARE such a MAN, but I also agree with your mom..If that makes YOU a man--what am I supposed to do with the hair on my arms?!?!
You are so witty Keysh! Seriously, you have a great writing voice. You make me laugh out loud all the time . . .
I would definitely be a "man" by Ian's standards. Maybe I should start waxing them again...nah...too painful!!
LOL....That is hilarious.....I think there is too much surface area for waxing, but I will admit I'm a shaver. it sounds high maintenance but it is slow growing and doesn't have to be done very often....I like the clean arm surface myself. and then Ian will know for sure I'm a woman that's god too. LOL
Post a Comment