Lately it seems, has been a time of learning. Each member of my family, in their own way has gone through some struggles and had opportunities to learn some great things. One of the things I've walked away with from much of our experience is this: when we blame everyone around us for our troubles, it makes us powerless.
Sounds simple, and maybe a bit trite, but I've learned there's great power in this. When someone isn't nice to you, you are left with a few options. You can be mean back, or you can be the bigger person. When something doesn't go the way you think it should, you can blame others for how it went because it couldn't have been your fault or you can own everything you did wrong and make those things better for the next time.
We are not victims in this life. We can choose how we deal with what we've been dealt. We can choose to acknowledge our own part in life's ups and downs which will give us the ability to have power to change the things we don't like. When we blame others, all it does it ensure that things might never change.
So, I'm thankful for the hard times. I'm thankful for tears, prayer and good friends and family. I'm thankful because through these things I've learned something great and powerful....what a blessing.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Lessons
Posted by keysha at 10:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
WOW! That was powerful. Thank you.
So true Keysha, so true!
Imagine what our world would be like if we all took responsibility for our actions and what we put out there. Greatfull for such lessons!!!
SOOOOOOOOOOO true! Blaming is evil, 'cause it doesn't make ANYONE feel better. It only has negative side effects, no positives.
Post a Comment