Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New England



















On September 29th, my mom and I flew out on a 5 day adventure to visit Jess and her family in New England. We landed in Boston and we were able to eat dinner in the Italian section that night and got to absorb the wonderful ambiance of the city. I loved, loved, loved Boston. Now, I wouldn't want to live there, because it is near impossible to navigate that city, but I love the vibe of it. We then head 'home' to New Hampshire to catch my first glimpse of Jessica's home away from home. We went up to Maine to see the coast and for seafood, we went out on an inland boat tour, drove the Kangcamangus Highway across the White Mountains to see the colors and visited Sharon, Vermont. All of which, I loved. But, I think my most treasured memories are getting to see my niece and nephew in their home. I saw their bedrooms, where they play, go to school and met some of their friends. We laughed until we (by we, I meant mom and Jess) peed our pants. We got soaking wet and enjoyed $2.50 a piece ravioli. I got to enjoy a gourmet Clint dinner with my 'New England' family. I have my mental pictures now. Ethan said my name while we were there! He let me hold him and love on him....even if it meant watching some horrible kids show on TV for a half an hour, it was worth every second. It was such a great time to be with my family and to see part of this great country, which I am now officially in love with. I want to go back and take everyone I love with me for another visit...and then another...and another.
One of the greatest moments of the trip though, was when I got home. We pulled into my driveway at 1:00am and before I could even get out of my parent's car the garage opened and out came Taylor. She ran and wrapped her arms around me and was immediately followed by Cory. The kids had made a sign and hung it on the door in the garage to welcome me home too! I love my family. It is the people we love that make our home...home. Thanks to my awesome husband for the best birthday present ever. How are you going to top it next year?? :)

2 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

#1 Paul Revere (sp?) must have been ROLLING in the dough for a house that big, WAY back then...
#2 The picture of Jessica....ummmm....squatting is...beyond priceless :)
#3 George Washington- you old dog you!!!!!

Jess said...

And we can't wait to have you back! Clint wants to take the kids fishing, and to catch frogs, and stuff like that. It'd be a whole different experience with the kids!
Ethan said your name again today. Just out of the blue, "Keysha!" So cute!