Saturday, November 14, 2009

And another project...that isn't quite complete!





With the end of football and no sporting events on the schedule for Saturdays, I decided it was time for a 'project'. So, last Friday Cory and I headed up to Home Depot bright and early to purchase the supplies for our said 'project'. Now, if you know me well at all, you know for some reason, I love having a project to do. I don't love being in the middle of one, but I love the feeling of accomplishment and change that comes from them. We had decided to change the color and add molding to our main level. I, naively thought that we could have this job complete by Saturday night. HA! HAHA! We worked through Friday (minus the time it took me to run to the Dr., dang it all! I had to get sick in the middle of my big plan.) And then we worked all day Saturday. We had all 3 kids in on this project too. They couldn't escape us this time! We weren't even close. We had way more painting to do and had run out of molding. We were able to put the family room back together though, for Sunday. I continued painting all day Monday. Then on Wednesday we went up to Home Depot to get the rest of the molding....and they were OUT!We even drove to Salt Lake to find it, without any luck. Curses! So, my weekend project will be no extended out clear until middle of next week when they finally get our molding in. Such is life I suppose. I'm loving the change and know I'll be happy we did it once it's finally complete.

2 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

I love it Keysha!!! It looks great so far!!! I will have to stop by and check it out in person....you guys and your projects ;)!

The Egan 4 said...

TOO CUTE!! I have been thinking about doing that in my bedroom!! You have inspired me... Im gonna do it!!