So, anyone who has spent any time around me in the last, oh, say 6 months, has heard me complain about our latest home improvement project. The basement. Now, people have built complete homes from scratch in shorter time than it's taken us to do this basement....it seems as if it could go wrong, it did. But, we are finally getting close to being finished. We ordered our carpet last night and bought the last of the supplies (we think....WE HOPE!) and plan on being done within around 10 days to 2 weeks with everything. I realized that once that actually happens I will have way more work ahead of me as I attempt to reclaim my garage and try to put my house back in order. As I walked in the door from work I realized that all too soon the sights I've grown accustomed to will change and we'll be on to the next 'project'. So...despite how thoroughly embarrassing it is to show our disaster, I am. Because one day I'll want to remember how things were 'before'. I also must say that despite it all Chris (our contractor who ran most of the job) and my wonderful husband have done an amazing job. Cory took a full week of work off about 2 weeks ago to do the woodwork and I watched him work from morning until, well, morning again. He spent some nights up until around 2:30am. He did a beautiful job and one that I know we'll enjoy and can be proud of for years to come.
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Story of my life.....at least for the last few months.
Posted by keysha at 2:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
It is going to be awesome!!! I am excited for you...and wish...with all the struggle and slowness and everything-- that it was MY basement being finished :)!
Post a Comment