Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's Christmas!!

Wow..I can hardly believe it's finally here...Christmas Day!! Despite the fierce wind we had blowing all night, and now all day, we got to sleep until 5:00am when we were woke up the first time. Then after promptly sending the kids back to bed we got to sleep another hour until 6:00am. We decided to release the beasts at that time and let them open presents. What a haul these kids made!!! We made them take turns, going from youngest to oldest while opening their presents and it made it so much more enjoyable. Everyone actually got to see what the others received. Then after a phone call to Grandma and Grandpa Mecham we headed down to Grandma and Grandpa Marshall's to open presents with them and Grandma Roxie. It's funny how the older I get, I've found the truth in the fact that Christmas is about family and the children. I could spend all day watching the kids enjoy their stuff and just hanging out with my family. I think I am now going to go enjoy the rest of this wonderful holiday...Merry Christmas everyone!!

2 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

It doesn't hurt that we happen to have the BEST kids and the BEST families in the world...does it?!?!

Gail said...

Hey stranger. I've missed ya. I've been a little absent from the computer lately, but I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas. We need to get together and catch up.