It doesn't seem like it should have been 6 years, but the calendar tells me it's so. Ian is 6 years old....where did the time go? I remember so clearly the day 6 years ago. I spent all day doing laundry and getting the house ready because we'd scheduled for me to go to the hospital that night and be induced. Even though I wasn't due until January 1st, I was more worried about getting the tax deduction than winning the New Year's baby award. That and I was huge and miserably pregnant and just wanted the baby out! Much to my surprise Ian was born at a whopping 8 lbs. 13 oz.. The other two kids were only 6.5 lbs!!
Ian was shafted when it comes to actual birth dates, though. But, no matter what we did, it was going to be close to Christmas, so we just made sure it wasn't actually on a holiday. We always make sure the Christmas tree is down, and all other remnants of Christmas are tucked away, so that when December 29th rolls around, it can be all about birthday.
This year Ian, who has decided he's our resident cake baker, told me he wanted to make his own cake. SCORE! This was totally fine with me. Ian, with a little bit of technical support from his dad whipped up a delicious chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.
Ian received a BB gun and 'grown up' sleeping bag. I love these choices, mostly because the pressure is on dad to make them fun. I'm totally out of the loop on these gifts! Ian was thrilled with them both and talked his dad into taking him down to grandma and grandpa's to shoot the gun yesterday.
We had a little family party for him with my parents, Grandma Roxie and all my brothers and sisters in town. He had so much fun. His cousins are really all the friends he needs.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Happy Birthday to my baby!
Posted by keysha at 7:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Happy, Happy Birthday, Ian! Wow, 6 years old. Reagen is going to be jealous. It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday.
I know it's late buggie, and I actually was AT the party (wahoo) but I wanted to tell you..from your Silly Aunt Lacey, that I love and treasure you! You make my little girl feel special, you are a good friend to her. You help out so much with Grandma and grandpa, and your a sweetheart to me! I love you buggie- happy birthday!
Post a Comment