Friday, April 17, 2009

Poopy

So, Wednesday started out as a typical day. It was early day...I remembered!! Ian and I did loads of laundry, well I did loads of laundry while Ian played and made messes around me. I moved on to bathrooms, my all time favorite job EVER! I got mine done by the time Noah got home from school. I was so happy for this, because Noah is my "slave boy". He's grown up enough and strong enough that I can make him help me with any manual labor jobs or heavy lifting. I needed some things brought up from the basement so I sent him down to retrieve them. He hadn't been downstairs more than a couple seconds when I heard him holler, "MOM....there's a problem down here!" I hurried downstairs, made a sharp right and stood facing the largest pool of water I've ever seen....well, largest pool of water I've ever seen in my basement! There was water from one side of the basement to the other. But, we couldn't figure out where the heck it was coming from. We checked the windows, no leaking there. Noah got on a stool and checked the ceiling above the water, nothing. We were stumped. So, I called Cory at work to see if he had any ideas. Needless to say, he was thrilled to hear from me. He thought it sounded like a drain or a pipe, but since he wasn't there he couldn't be sure. Plan B-call my Dad. He concurred with the drain idea, but didn't think he was equipped to handle a problem of that nature. Shoot...it was appearing as if I was going to have to call in the professionals. Dang it, dang it, dang it. In the mean time...Taylor had been pouring out milk jugs full of water that we found had been leaking upstairs (we found this as we were searching for a source of the water) into the toilet. Well, low and behold after about 6 jugs full of water poured down the toilet a large geyser was created that literally shot up out of the drain downstairs! Noah started screaming! Taylor started crying! It was a circus! After trying to clean up as much of the geyser damage as I could (which let me tell you included chunks of something we all decided was poop.)I pulled out my phone book and starred at the long list of plumbers. How on earth does one choose a plumber? I ended up going with Rescue Rooters for a couples of reasons-A)Their ad said they could be to my home in 60 minutes....SOLD! B)The word 'rescue' fit my needs at that moment...that's what I wanted to be, rescued. C)Their ad said they could be to my home in 60 minutes.

Sooooo, their ad LIED! Two and a half hours later the plumber showed up. I guess many other people were having poopy water problems in their basements Wednesday as well. Finally, my hero arrived; he pushed a hose down through the drain (said he thought he felt it break through a "blockage"), sold us some crap to keep hair from building up in the drains and collected a check for a stinkin' $400!!!!! He was only here for like 30 minutes total! At least his work has a 60 day guarantee, so if I have any more problems I'm going to invite my stinky friend back and collect on that expensive guarantee. Until then, every time water goes down the drain, every time a toilet flushes-I'm thankful.

2 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Bless "Rusty" Rooters heart! The poop chunks about made me vomit just reading it!!!

Gail said...

That is just crappy, or should I say poopy? I would have been freaking out at the floating poo.