Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Taylor Hannah!






This year for Taylor's birthday we decided to give her a surprise make-over for her bedroom. She's been needing and wanting new bedroom furniture for a long time and we felt like there was no better time than the present. We found the perfect set, but wanted to change the color so we enlisted my Dad, carpenter extraordinaire, to help with with that. We've been working, planning and scheme for about 2 weeks now and she never suspected a thing. Last night, we had my mom invite her and Payden (her cousin with whom she shares her birthday) over to make cookies for their birthdays. While she was gone we removed all her old stuff and moved in the new. When my mom brought her home it was all set up and I was waiting in her room to catch her reaction on film. The amazing thing was she reacted so differently than we thought she would. I was prepared for screams or jumping up and down; but she cried! She buried her head in her dad's chest and almost acted like she couldn't believe it! It was the best birthday present I've ever given....it made my whole week!I'm so thankful to my Dad and Cory for doing all the real work to make it happen!!

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

So great when they appreciate the small things!!! Happy Birthday Taylor!!! Great Decorating Keysha!!

jefferies family said...

What a beautiful room... love the colors. I just love surprises like that. It's something she will remember forever. Happy Birthday Miss Taylor!!