Monday, April 25, 2011

Thought for the day

I saw this on a facebook friends status and it has stuck with me throughout the day. Especially after this Easter season (little Christmas, as I like to call it.) where it seems as if parents get more caught up in what they gave their kiddos than anything else.

"Children will not remember you for the material things you provided but for the feeling that you cherished them" Richard L. Evans

Stuff doesn't equal love. Stuff just equals stuff. More stuff to take care of, more stuff to maintain and then eventually more stuff to haul away to the D.I. or give away to someone else.

I needed this reminder and I am going to do better!!

2 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Love that quote!!! Thank you for sharing!

Leeann said...

Love this! We had to scale back this year and you know what? The kids didn't even notice. What was important was our traditions and the fact that we spent the day together. The stuff...? It's just stuff.