So, yesterday marked a momentous occasion. My oldest was my last to get his tonsils out. After months of sickness, not much of an appetite, struggling to gain weight, no sleeping......you name it, we've gone through it; we finally got Noah in to an ENT and got him on the schedule to get his tonsils and adenoids out.
He, amazingly, was pretty excited. He has felt so lousy for so long that this was a happy occasion. It meant he would finally feel better. But, yesterday morning, when he was told to change into that hospital gown, the nerves hit. And when the nurse put in his I.V. all the color drained from his face and I just prayed he wouldn't spew all over.
The procedure itself only takes about 11-15 minutes, but we were at the hospital around 4.5 to 5 hours. Once he started coming around he started shaking super bad (thanks to the Marshall genes.....), then his blood pressure was way high, so they had to give him a couple shots of Demerol and keep him on oxygen for a while to try and get everything calmed down. He was so confused and disoriented; he kept asking me where he was. When I'd answer him, and tell him he was in the hospital he'd get really upset and ask why. He did this about 5 or 6 times in a row. Finally, Cory had to tell him to just lay back, calm down and take some deep breathes because we weren't going anywhere. It's amazing what a difference that made. He immediately laid back and calmed down and they were able to get everything under control. Thank goodness for Dads!!! I did take a picture, but it was on my cell phone, so......he is safe from it being posted here. :)
Now we're onto recovery....YAY!
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Expendable body parts
Posted by keysha at 9:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Thinking of Noah having such a rough time is SCARY! I'm glad he's doing better! We love you Noah!
Hoping my guy is healing quick! I love him!
I am so glad for him that things went well. Sometimes the whole hospital environment is enough "unnatural" to make you uncomfortable and nervous. And coming out of anesthesia is a very odd experience. I'm so glad you were both there with him, 'cause you're right, Dad's and Mom's balance each other and you never know which one is going to be needed at which time. I sure love that kid. Give him a little squeeze for me. Ethan's adnoid removal is scheduled for May 2, so we'll be esxpseriencing something similar very soon.
Post a Comment