Monday, December 3, 2012

Merry Christmas 2012

Merry Christmas!! It seems surreal that 2012 is almost over! I remember hearing so often when the kids were small to enjoy each moment because time would fly by, and boy was that correct! I can hardly believe it is almost 2013. This year has been great for our family. Cory is still at URS and is only 3 classes away from finishing up his most recent degree. He was able to get his PMP this year also, so needless to say, the majority of his free time has been spent studying. He taught Noah’s age group in Sunday School for most of the year, but now gets to go to class with me again, which I love. I am still working for the School District and love it. I was released from being Young Women’s President this Spring so I have been able to reconnect with a lot of the adults in our ward. I am still on the board for our football league and that keeps me busy year round it seems. But, I absolutely love it, there is no better town than Grantsville and I enjoy being able to make something great for the kids here. Noah is a junior and growing right before our eyes. He just finished football season and is still in mourning I think. He plays starting outside linebacker for our Grantsville Cowboys and had a wonderful season. He did lose a bunch of weight, which was sad for him as every pound he can gain has been hard earned. So, now football is over he is back in the weight room as much as possible, trying to put some weight back on. He has been playing high school baseball again as well, which we all have enjoyed and we are looking very forward to the coming season. Noah spends every spare minute possible with his fun group of friends and is enjoying the freedom of being able to drive and having his own car. We keep telling him; life doesn’t get any better than where he is right now! Taylor is in 8th grade and enjoying Jr. High and all it has to offer. She is still really enjoying volleyball and is not so patiently waiting for club volleyball to start up. She just recently got a leading part in her class play which means learning 3 songs and all her lines before Christmas. Taylor is growing up into such a beautiful young lady. I am always amazed at how hard she pushes herself; she has kept a 4.0 for the last few years and has such high expectations of herself. She is a wonderful cook and bakes us treats all the time. Taylor is a social butterfly and loves people. She is happiest when she is busy and involved. Ian is in 4th grade this year. He just completed his second season of football with a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! He has the best little team and we’ve loved the opportunity he’s had to play. He played outside linebacker like his big brother (Ian was proud as can be of this) and he played wide receiver. Ian also plays basketball and baseball. Whatever sport he is currently in, turns into his favorite and he fully immerses himself in it. Ian is an amazing student and we are still struggling to find ways to keep him challenged at school. During this time of celebrating our Savior’s birth, we hope that you can feel his love and peace with you and your families. We count our family and friends as some of our greatest blessings. Thank you for being part of our lives!!

0 comments: