Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer 2009...in a nutshell

I've been a serious slacker as of late...well, as of the whole summer. We've been super busy and had tons of fun...I just haven't stopped to record one minute of it. To start the summer off, Noah got to attend football camp at the best University ever...GO UTES!! He had a blast and got to meet Coach Whittingham and a couple other players. We've been involved in 2 5K's; Noah and I ran the first one on the 4th of July and Taylor ran the second one with us. Ian also ran the mile race with Taylor on the 4th. We've been playing tennis like crazy all summer as well. This was Ian's first summer to take lessons and he loved it!! Noah and Taylor both play on tennis teams, so they were playing all over Salt Lake as well as their normal lessons and matches. Both of their teams made it to the District Tournament and Tay's team won their division and Noah's took second place in his division. We've made trips to the Zoo and This is the Place State Park as well as 3 family reunions. And every moment we were home it seems we've had neighborhood kids running in and out playing and enjoying the summer. We should have bought stock in the company that makes Otter Pops!! But some of my most treasured memories are getting up early every morning and running with Noah, eating lunch at Subway and laughing with the kids about silly things, but most importantly I actually got to share a summer with them. I have treasured every moment this summer and am so grateful I got to be home to experience it all with them!

Now we're already getting ready to start school again, football is in full swing and lift is shifting into fall. But, we're ready for it because we were able to squeeze every last bit of fun out of this summer possible. Bring on fall!!!!










1 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

You have had such a BUSY summer! But it also looks (and sounds) like a really good one..I agree...bring on FALL!