The other night I was walking through Soelberg's and saw this neat little package all done up from their bakery that included fresh baked ginerbread men, frosting, and all the toppings to decorate with. I was so excited!! I am sooo not a baker, so my kids never get to experience anything like this. I hurried home and got the kids through their chores. Cory and Noah ended up having to leave for church basketball, so minus 2 family members from my baked goods fun. Then, Tay and Ian sit down to the table and are all ready to go. I open the container and what do I find but wounded gingerbread men. Legs had been lost, one poor little guy lost most of his head...it was a battlefield in there. But, this felt oddly appropriate for me. That seems to fit the mold of my life most of the time. Nothing is ever perfect and the older I get, the more I'm learning that that is alright with me. I've learned that I'm happier since I've embraced the broken legged gingerbread men in my life. So,have a very Merry and un-perfect Christmas everyone!!
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Gingerbread Men
Posted by keysha at 6:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment