Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas~ 2009~









I keep looking back wondering where this year went. Somehow it has flown by and here we are getting ready for a new year. I had a hard time getting in the Christmas spirit this year, but thank goodness, once it got down to the wire I found it! Christmas Eve brought with it a great time at my parent's house. My mom did an "Old Fashioned Christmas" and we spent most of the time sharing Christmas traditions from years passed and things we are currently doing with our own families. Each family brought their favorite Christmas story to share and of course there was tons of food. We ended the evening doing a tradition Christmas celebration the way we would have done it when I was a kid. Reading from an advent calendar my Grandma Roxie made us, reading the scriptures and then having family prayer. What a great way to remind us what Christmas is about; our Savior and our families.

By the time we got home, I was already exhausted. We did our thing here with the kids and by the time they went to bed, I was done. I made Cory set an alarm so I wouldn't fall asleep downstairs preventing Santa from stopping. (It was close...thank goodness for that alarm or the kids would have woke up Christmas morning to me sawing logs on the couch and no Santa visit!) Well, once we got things taken care of, Cory and I headed for bed....and then I couldn't go back to sleep!! The kids woke us up at 6:00am (I'd given them strict orders that we weren't getting up any earlier) and we let them tear into it. They said Santa brought them everything they asked for, so I guess the day was a success!

We then went down to my parents for brunch and enjoyed just hanging out. We came back home to spend some time with Cory's parents and let the kids play with their new things. It was all in all a pretty good holiday. Thank goodness we now have a year to prepare and recover before the next one!

1 comments:

Paige said...

These pictures are so adorable...and very priceless, but I still think you should have left on my favorite one (you know what I'm talking about ha ha ha )