Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful Wednesday

Yes, I'm a day early...but I figured that since tomorrow is the actual "Thanksgiving Day" I may be a tad busy, and I didn't want to forget this!

1) I am so thankful for family. For my own little family and all my extended family. Isn't family what makes everything worth while? We were just on our way home from Tooele and we passed a man who was riding a bike towing a little trailer with what looked like every possession he had stuffed inside and covered with a tattered blue tarp. Besides the fact that he appeared homeless, it was heartbreaking to think he was so utterly alone. What a terrible feeling. The night before a holiday and he was traveling down Grantsville's main street, alone, towing his entire collection of worldy possessions. No matter what problems arise, I can look around me and every way I look, I'm surrounded by family and friends.

2) I'm thankful for hidden blessings and silver linings.

3) I'm thankful for the furnace that is so comfortably humming right now. I could never have been a pioneer.

4)I'm thankful I get to spend this holiday with my family. It's been far too long since I've had a Thanksgiving with my family and I'm very excited!

2 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

I also did a "thankful" post...you should go check it out...
I am thankful for you as a Sister! That you are so strong, so loving, so generous, and so charitable. I am thankful you are such a good example..that you are always there for me. I am thankful you are my friend. Love you.

Soji said...

It had been way to long since your family had been home for Thanksgiving! It made the holiday that much better for me to have you all there. It was nearly perfect, if only Jess's family could've come home. Anyway, it was great! Love you!