Halloween!! One of my kids favorite holidays ever! This year I had the day off, so Ian and I actually did some baking and we made this festive cupcakes!! (Thanks Mom, for the Peeps!)
We also got the front porch and yard Halloween night ready by putting out my luminaries and some appropriate 'spooky' decorations.
Once everyone was home from work and school, we had ourselves a tasty dinner of cheese soup (orange, of course...we had to stick with the theme of the day!) and everyone was off getting ready to go. Noah and Taylor both had planned to have friends come to our neighborhood to trick-or-treat, so they were waiting for them to arrive. Meanwhile, Ian and I headed out on the trick-or-treat path to see what he could score! He and I went up and down our street and the street behind us before we came home and I switched off with Dad. I then got to answer the door and watch my favorite show of all time..Ghost Hunters! They were doing a live investigation of an old Ft. in Delaware, so you know I was hooked.
I love Halloween....I love getting to see all my 'special' kids and seeing them all done up. We have a great neighborhood and friends, so they make my night when they stop by. And of course, it's time like this that I love having most of my nieces and nephews right here in town. It was hard not having mom and dad home this year...we all felt like orphans, but we knew Lexi and Ethan needed a turn.
Here's my beautiful 50's girl, Darth Vader....and a scary mask. I guess that is the best a 12.5 year old will do!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Happy Halloween!!
Posted by keysha at 10:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Noah- you settled on the mask then?? Cool! I was also sad that mom and dad weren't here, but it helped having you and Colter in town...and even Soji dropped by on Halloween night. All in all, I love this season!!
Sounds like a fabulous Halloween day! Your cupcakes turned out darling . . . you're more motivated than I!!! I always wish someone would make sugar cookies and give them to me. I love them, but I hate making them.
I can't believe that's Noah under that mask. Seriously, it looks like a teenage boy!
And it was absolutely priceless having mom and dad with us for trick-or-treating. Dad hasn't actually gone out trick-or-treating since you and I were little. And Amherst Village just has such a great feel about it on Halloween night. So . . . innocent and the way it should be.
Post a Comment