Sunday, February 1, 2009

Another project checked off the list





The day we moved into our house, one of our first items of business was to remove the door that was put between our mudroom and the hallway. This was because it created the Bermuda Triangle in our mudroom. There was three doors within inches of each other which a person could easily get lost in. Now, ever since that quick fix, this room has been one that's been almost completely ignored. It's a dirt collector, junk collector, eye sore in our home. A few weekends ago, Cory got ambitious and decided to rip out the bench that was in that room and begin the transformation to make the mudroom a usable space for us. Now, those of you who've heard us talk about how well built (HA!) our home was, we found that we have to give credit to Mountain Vista in one area...they built that bench strong enough that an elephant could have sat on that bench without any problem. It was reinforced with steel rods and was weight tested for up to 2 tons! Good grief..that bench could have handled more stress than the entire rest of the house combined. If only they'd have put that same kind of effort into the rest of this house!

Anywho, we got that sucker ripped out and Cory put hours of work into transforming the room. The only thing we have left to do is the floor, which will come in time. But for right now, I'm thrilled to have the room usable and functional. I have to give big props to Cory. He's such a perfectionist and works so hard to create a beautiful finished product. I'm so thankful and blessed to have a husband who is so ready and willing to work with his hands. Thanks babe!!

5 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

It turned out amazing!!! I really like it, Cory and Keysh- you both did a great job, now get your butts over here and do MY projects :)!

Ken said...

Why isn't the painting done?

Soji said...

It looks beautiful!! Great job to both you and Cory. You have so much drive to get things done, I admire that. I have projects all over my house and currently am not doing any of them. Oh well... love you!

Gail said...

Send Cory right on over. I have a few things for him to do. I love, love, love it! I've always wanted a nice looking mud room.

Paige said...

SOOOO cute I love it Keysh. The sign is hilarious I've never seen it before. Cory is quite the handyman! you guys did great!