It seems like if this school year has had a theme, it would be this: me harping about grades. First term, smooth as silk. Then everything fell apart. From that point on, I feel like my major job is checking grades, talking about grades, reminding about grades....getting frustrated about grades!! What is the deal? First of all, I think there is something in the water at the Jr. High. I've considered sending bottled water for Noah to try and limit his exposure to whatever it is! I know the routine so well now, I don't even have to think about it. First I check the SIS, then talk to Noah about whatever I found on the SIS. (why can't kids just hand their stupid work in?? Is it really that difficult once you've completed it to just hand it in?) Then Noah gets upset, promises different behavior, and I restrict all friends until things improve. Things improve, a few weeks pass, cycle starts over. Is there a better way? Is it just the curse of Jr. High? The thing that gets me is he is always able to pull of A's at report card time. So, why all the hassle and drama in-between?
So, until this phase passes, which I hope it will, I will continue on my quest for a near teenager who can police his grades himself. Until then....
Monday, February 23, 2009
School, grades and friends....oh my!
Posted by keysha at 9:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Oh good luck my dear sister, good luck!!!
I am still policing CAS and it isn't getting better. We have him on tracker where the teacher at the end of every class has to sign the paper stating that he was there on time, ready to work, work turned in, and if there was an assignment or home work it is stated on the paper. He brings it home for me to review and sign. The he takes it back the next morning. That is how we track CAS since 8th.
The Jr. High has one too, you could always put them on that.
I'll be looking to you for advice when it's my turn, oh wise one. So keep notes so I know what works and what doesn't! LOL
I have 4 words for you.... I hate Jr. High!! (is Jr. a word?) anywho... my experiance with this school is GET THEM OUT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! The teachers don't want to be there, the kids are "guilty" untill proven inocent and nobody wants to help them. All I can say is... This too shall pass!!
Have you forgotten about your days in school. Don't be harsh.
If you ask my kids...I was NEVER their age. There is no way I could relate. :)
Post a Comment