Saturday, February 28, 2009

Gone shooting








We went up to Little Mountain this afternoon to let the kids shoot Cory's 30/30 for the first time. They were all a little nervous when we first got there, especially after they heard Cory shoot the gun the first few times. But, after some coaxing and convincing, we got all three of the kids to shoot at some targets. Taylor was very content with just shooting the gun once. Ian only shot Cory's gun once as well, but that was because he brought his BB gun with us and he spent the remainder of the time shooting up some styrofoam and some clay pigeons we found up there. Noah, on the other hand worked with his Dad quit a bit and we found that he's actually a pretty good shot. Cory was pretty proud! It was a great afternoon and something we'll be doing plenty of, I'm sure. Especially because Noah has now decided he wants a .22 for his birthday.

2 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

I remember the first time Dad let me shoot, it was in the back yard...at our trees (that were at the time nothing more than bushes) and we hung up homemade easter eggs on the trees/bushes and shot them. I was pumped!

Soji said...

This looks like it was so much fun. Jay and I love to go shooting. There is a place to shoot right over by our house, did you know that? We're hoping to go more, once the weather warms up a bit.