Mrs. Walker encouraged her students to try and bake some cookies as a practical way to practice their fractions. Surprisingly, when Tay mentioned this idea Noah was way excited about it. He's been cooking in a class at school, so he's feeling pretty well practiced in this arena. And much to my shock and amazement, they decided to tackle this task.....together!!! I'm so proud of these two. They worked together so well and the end product was wonderful! I totally plan on using this experience to remind them that it is physically possible to be nice to each other and work together next time they are supposed to clean the bathrooms together. The whole teamwork concept is lost on them during that particular task...I can't imagine why??
Monday, February 9, 2009
Thank you Mrs. Walker for teaching fractions
Posted by keysha at 5:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Dallon came home and made no bake cookies after making them in what we use to call home economics (they have a fancy new name for it now). School is a good thing when we reap the benefits of it, like getting cookies.
What to go Noah and Tay!!! WAHOO!! Now Noah and Tay, I am also in Math, and would love for you both to come over and cook, I MEAN tutor, me!! So come on over, I'll have you bake cookies, I mean help me with fractions...okay!?!
Sounds like a great teacher, and two really great kids! The key with the bathroom thing, Keysh, is to figure out a way to make them WANT to clean the bathroom. And when you figure that out, please share it with me!!! ;P
I'm thinking that next time they want to practice their math skills that they could come on over to my house. :) It looks like they did a great job!! Did you at least save me some?? No? Oh well...
Post a Comment