Ahhhh, the joys of sleeping in. The kids didn't have school and I didn't have to work, so I got to enjoy a fabulous sleep in. I love it when I don't have to wake up to an alarm clock. I finally rolled my butt out of bed around 8:30am. I got up to a quiet house due to the fact that the boys had stayed up most of the night, I'm sure, and Taylor was at Callie's. Ian even slept in way longer than normal. It didn't last long though, soon Ian was awake and joined me downstairs. He and I watched some educational Spongebob Squarepants. Soon, we heard sounds of life from the basement and figured the boys must have finally risen. The boys started to show their faces upstairs, so I figured I'd actually make breakfast. No Marshmellow Matey's for this Friday morning! I made an oh so delicious breakfast of champions. Blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs (which most of Noah's friends didn't like. Who doesn't like scrambled eggs?) and orange juice. One of his friends left right while I was cooking, so I ended up having lots of leftovers. One less 12 year old boy to feed makes a big difference.
Once breakfast was complete and I had cleaned up the mess, I decided to leave Ian in the care of Noah and his friends and take my daily trip down to good ol' Anytime Fitness. It was actually nice to go mid-morning because there was only 2 other people there. I loved it!
On the way home I just couldn't believe how beautiful the day was. Wow...I absolutely love fall weather. And I love living where I do. No one in the city gets greeted by this view as they drive to their house, do they?
I returned home and showered and cleaned up. Ian was restless by this point because Noah was still playing, so he and I decided to take a trip down to my mom's. On our way out the door I remembered Noah's football sign. I learned last week that if I don't put it out in the yard on Friday, I will forget to take it with us on Saturday. So, I stopped and stuck the sign in the yard for the all neighborhood to enjoy. Yes, I am proud of my little #33 on the Grantsville Cowboys.
We got to grandma's house and Ian was in heaven. He loves going to grandma's. We got there and he immediatley starts pulling out Halloween toys and decorations. My mom has completely spoiled him rotten and purchased each and every Halloween item he's shown a liking to. It doesn't hurt that she is a total Halloween freak too. So, I think she's really buying them a little bit for herself too. The excuse that they are for Ian gets the purchases okayed by Dad.
After Ian and I got home, our little neighbor came over to play. I had just finished making a gourmet lunch of Mac & Cheese, so he joined in with Ian for lunch. I was on the computer while they were eating and I was cracking up at their conversation. They were discussing farts. And what it means when you fart. And every other details of farts you can imagine. Gag...little boys, I guess. You can also plainly see in this picture that our last project of replacing all the baseboard and door casing is not quite complete. We got all the joined and nail holes mudded, but we are still trying to find time to repaint....projects never end, do they?
Cory got home from work and we decided to run to Wally World to pick up the essentials we needed to get through the week. Among those essentials was a new crock pot. My mom had informed me that I couldn't use my old one because it had developed a crack in it. Oh joy...I hadn't really planned on buying a new crock pot, but my families Halloween party was Monday evening and I didn't have a choice. Oh well, it's all good I suppose.
After an exhausting trip to Wal-Mart on a Friday night with, what I believe to be, almost half of the county, we were starving. We have really been trying to not eat out, but we were so hungry, that we decided to stop a grab something to eat. Apollo Burger is right next to Wal-Mart so we decided to stop there. Let me tell you. I wasn't a big fan. Their fries sucked. And they give you your food all stacked up in a donut box. Whatever....
We cruised home and put groceries away. The 'boys' sat and watched TV while I folded some laundry. My most dreaded chore. But, Taylor was still at Lagoon, so I knew I'd need to keep busy so I could stay awake and wait for her. After the boys went to bed, I decided to come into the dang computer and post my first day of my "Week in the Life". So, I'm blaming the late hour and my frazzled nerves from folding laundry on the mess that my previous post was. Taylor finally got home bearing much Lagoon loot including a 2 foot tall cup that had at one time held an icee. We both gratefully headed to bed. Morning was creeping up on us all too quickly and that bed was calling my name.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Friday October 17, 2008
Posted by keysha at 7:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Thanks for the heads up on Apollo burger, we've never eaten there, and after reading your story - we won't be anytime soon either! I am glad the boys had fun, and that Tay got "loot" from Lagoon!!
You are doing so good at this! It is always so interesting to read about other peoples lives, isn't it. I think this is something we'll be glad we did 10 years down the road.
Hi Keysha I was just spending my sunday afternoon blog stalking and found you! I'm so glad you have decided to join us bloggers (I think it can safly be catigorized as an addiction) I hope it's ok if I add you to my friends, please feel free to do the same. Keep it up it was fun to read!
P.S. Did you know you can have your blog printed? It tottaly counts as family history!
Post a Comment