Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Yes, Gail, I'm totally stealing this idea from you. But, it's such a good idea, that I had to do it myself!!

Today I'm soooo thankful for:
1) Working for a unionized plant that negotiated the day before the opening day of the deer hunt as a holiday! Yeah, no work tomorrow.

2) Being a mom. My kids were home today on UEA break and I came home to a clean house and 3 smiling faces. Wow...it made me think of all the people who don't have anyone to come home to. Why I got so lucky as to get to share my life with these 3, I'll never know. But I'm glad I got the chance.

3) Indian summers...the weather today is absolutely perfect. Who could not love the beautiful fall colors accompanied by 70 degree temps.

4) My mom and dad. I spoke to a friend today that was telling me of a situation with her in-laws and I realized how lucky I am to have my parents. They are not only wonderful to me, but such spectacular grandparents. I love you guys!!

2 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

1. I am also glad you have today off.
2. I am also glad that the weather if FABULOUS!
3. YOU ARE lucky to have those 3 kids...and so are the rest of us. They are each so wonderful!
4. I think are parents are pretty phenomenal myself! :)

Gail said...

I'm so glad you are doing this, and don't worry, I also stole the idea from someone else. Usually, I think of all the things that I need so it's good to think of all the things I have.