I'm going to put my disclaimer on today's edition of a "Week in the Life of..." and tell you that I was seriously slacking this Saturday. Not many pictures happened as I found myself falling back into my non-photo taking ways. My sincerest apologies....
Any-who, Saturday's are so wonderful. This particular one, we all slept in until we couldn't sleep any longer. I woke up and curled up on the couch and watched a few highly educational episodes of Flip This House on A&E. Have you ever noticed how wonderful Saturday morning TV is? It's like cartoons for adults. Between TLC, A&E and HGTV, I am in heaven. No, let me clarify, I am in heaven if I am the first one up and have a half hour or so before anyone else wakes up. The kids all slept in quite late due to the serious partying they'd done the day before. Taylor's late return home from Lagoon put both her and I in bed much later than normal. And Noah's night of no sleep the night before caught up with him pretty quickly.
Once everyone was awake, we decided to have breakfast and get the day going. Unlike my motivation in making yesterday's breakfast, today was once again, a Marshmellow Matey's day. Sorry kids....
I then attempted to rally the troops to get the house picked up while I got some laundry going. Eventually, the kids all ended up downstairs playing the Wii, I'm not quite sure how that happens. I guess I'm not scary enough. I need to remember some of the tricks my mom used on us growing up.
Noah played in Grantsville, and I had to get Noah to the football field by 1:30pm so they could do some picture retakes. I ran him down to the field and then came back home to gather up the rest of the family. Cory, the kids and I were back down to the field by around 2:00pm and we enjoyed watching the game of the boys a year older than Noah.
Noah's team was set to play at 3:00pm. The games were running behind, so we didn't end up getting to start the game until around 3:20pm or so. By this time, all the spectators and children were getting pretty antsy. Ian and Taylor are such good sports about the games. Thank goodness they are fairly good natured and seem to just enjoy the social aspect of being at the field. Ian actually spent more time climbing the trees than anything this game, which was a great distraction for him. Taylor always seems to sneak some of her money down to the field and ends up with some mysterious treat. I swear, money burns a hole in that girls pocket like none other.
We (I say we like I am part of Noah's team...oh well, I've driven him to enough practices and games I feel invested enough to claim part ownership) knew that Cyprus was going to be a critical game for us. Noah's team has been ranked #1 all year, and with Cyprus being our second to last, we needed to win to keep that sole #1 spot.
Well, Cyprus knew this and came ready to play. Man, they had to have been studying film like crazy. It was a tough game. But, I'm proud to say that during the first half, Noah got a sack, and the next play scored a safety. (ok, enough proud mom bragging) But..he did play a great game.
We finally scored a touchdown in the second half, but were never able to pull ahead and Cyrpus beat us 25-8. Our first loss of the season. Man, it was so tough watching Noah walk off the field with tears streaming down his face. It's moments that when I really wish he were still little and I could run and pick him up and love him. Darn him for growing up and being almost as tall as me!
After that disappointing loss, we honestly didn't feel like doing much. Noah was sad and the little kids were played out. We stopped at my mom and dad's on the way home and visited for a few minutes, but soon continued on home. By this time it was around 5:30pm or 6:00pm so we just burrowed in to enjoy a night at home. I made one of my kids favorite meals that night, Top Ramen Stir-Fry. I know it sounds disgusting, but it's actually pretty good.
We were up piled on the couches watching a movie; when I remembered Noah's gym clothes hadn't been washed yet. Curses....I had to run upstairs and get another load of wash going. I have to add that this is actually the first Saturday night I've remembered to wash his gym clothes. Our typical routine is a panicked Sunday night remembering at bedtime and throwing them in the wash, just praying that I'll remember to switched the loads so I can get them all washed. Anyway, I headed back down with full intentions on staying up to watch Sarah Palin on Saturday Night Live, but somehow ended up waking up a little before midnight with some infomercial or something on. I woke up Cory who had crashed on the other couch and we trudged up to bed. Only stopping to switch out the landry to finish out the gym clothes. Yes, thank goodness, I remembered.
When did I get so old that I can't even stay awake to watch SNL?
Monday, October 20, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008-Day Three
Posted by keysha at 7:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
First, I need the top ramen stir fry recipe. With top ramen you can't go wrong, right? Second, don't feel bad about sleeping right through SNL, I wanted to see it to, but all I saw was the back of my eyelids.
Post a Comment